Sunday, November 20, 2011

Something Different



The smell of brine and sea spray
The hum of a cricket or car
LA on fire
The sultry heat of what should be summer
But is not
An orange fireball of a moon
So much information, my head
Is about to explode
Marvin Gaye singing "Mercy Me"
Al Gore and the Nobel Peace Prize
Did the environment do this to my son
Or did I?
If I knew then, what I know now
A mantra that does me no good
I have no choice
But to change
And to take the chance
A mother approached Condoleezza Rice
With blood on her hands
They arrested her
Which I didn't understand
To lose her son
Just pick the war
This is a time of change she said
I agreed
I could feel it in the air we breathe
I could feel it in the way
You looked at me like
I was someone different

Guernica by Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment